Counseling Contacts

Office: (703) 248-5525
Ilana Reyes
Director of Counseling

Valerie Chesley
Counselor (students whose last names begin with the letters P through Z)
To book an appointment go to

Brad McAdam
Counselor (students whose last names begin with the letters G through O)
To book an appointment go to

Dana Quirine
Counselor (students whose last names begin with the letters A through F)
To book an appointment go to

Bob Palermo
College & Career Coordinator

(703) 248-5531
To book an appointment go to

Mica Thomasson
Student Support Counselor

(703) 248-5540
To book an appointment go to

Beth Ann Bird

(703) 248-5526

Administrative Assistant
(703) 248-5525

Counseling Forms

Course Selection Fair Planning Sheet & Schedule

Course Audit Form

Course Pass/Fail Form

FERPA Waiver

Records Request Form (non-transcripts)

Transcript Request Form

Withdrawal Form


Does George Mason High School offer school tours and/or shadowing?

George Mason High School does not offer school tours or classroom shadowing, however we encourage families to view our school and district calendars to find public events that match your prospective student's interests and your busy family's schedule. These events truly are the best way to get a feel for our school environment, culture, and community spirit! Events range from athletic events, musicals, concerts, ESL parent meetings, talent shows, art shows, robotics competitions, school board meetings and much more.

Our district and school websites have a plethora of information available to you, housing the answers to almost any question. We also recommend visiting The Lasso, the official student newspaper of George Mason High School, our District Social Feeds, and subscribing to the FCCPS Morning Announcements. All of these amazing resources explore what's new and relevant within our school and community on any given day.

For the birth certificate requirement, it says you need an original. If I bring that to you, will you return it, or do you keep it?

We will view the original and return it to you after making a copy for the students cumulative folder. We will note on the copy that the original was viewed and by whom.

How do students get to school?

You can find bus schedules for all schools, as well as the option to contact our transportation department with more specific questions, on the district transportation page.

My family and I are in the process of moving to Falls Church and we would like to schedule an appointment for enrollment.

Unfortunately we do not schedule enrollment appointments until you’ve established residency AND completed the online registration. You will be contacted by GMHS staff once your registration has been approved notifying you of when your appointment may be scheduled.

We are considering a move to Falls Church City and would like our students transcript reviewed.

Transcript reviews to determine transfer credits, graduation progress, courses needed, etc. is only done at a students enrollment appointment, which occurs after you have established residency and completed the full registration process.

We will be attending George Mason High School this fall and would like our student to complete any placement tests he can now at his current school. Can we arrange that?

It is not George Mason’s practice to do placement tests prior to any student arriving at George Mason, nor are placement tests a standard for enrollment. If we feel one is needed, we will arrange for the student to take the test during/after the students enrollment appointment with his/her counselor.

I submitted two registrations online at the same time, one for the middle school and one for the high school, but I have heard back from only one of them so far. Is that normal?

Each school's registrar has very different timelines as to when he/she is able to begin processing new student registrations due to current demands on their schedule. Some can begin in early April, others have to wait until August. Please know you will be contacted as soon as that registrar is able.

I have printed out the VA Health Form MCH 213G. I was told by our embassy doctor that he can do the physical and fill it out. Is that the case?

That is correct for U.S. Embassies. These forms can be completed by any U.S. licensed physician.

Do you have many students who transfer in from overseas and international schools?

Yes, we have many!! George Mason has a very transient community comprising of many military, state department, and foreign service families. Each year we register anywhere from 75-150 new students, half of whom traditionally come from an overseas or international school.

We have an international exchange student who would like to attend an FCCPS school in the Fall. Does George Mason HS have room for an exchange student at this time?

We are sorry, however George Mason is not accepting any exchange students at this time.

My student will have completed his PE requirements before coming to Falls Church and is looking to enroll in just a driver's ed component as an 11th grader. Can you tell me if this is possible?

Yes, this is absolutely possible and done quite frequently! The student may take Drivers Education as a stand-alone course or, if eligible, take the course online via VADETS.

Have a particular question not found here? Email the registrar at

FCCPS Non-Resident Tuition Program

Please note that we are not accepting tuition students at this time due to lack of space. Please check back in May 2017.

Procedure and Tuition Application < click to download

Geoge Mason Tuition Rate: $18,000 per student, per year

Tuition Application Fee: $150 per student non-refundable application fee

Additional Program Fees: Special Education, IB Program, and student parking

* Additional details regarding this program can be found here.

GMHS Transcript & Records Requests


You may complete the Transcript Request form HERE or the Records Request (non-transcripts) form HERE

If the student has graduated and is 18 years+, the request MUST COME FROM THE STUDENT.

* Official transcripts cannot be emailed to a student or parent
* We respectfully request that FCCPS residents pick-up or have the records emailed, rather than mailed.

Requesting an IB or AP Transcript

* If taking an IB or AP exam this year, your scores will automatically be sent to your college/university if you
indicated the name of your school on the yellow IB transcript request form and/or on your AP answer sheet.

* If you are taking a GAP year, plan on attending college after this fall and/or you transfer colleges in the future,
you must request IB Scores directly with the IB Americas office.

* If you took an AP exam in 10th or 11th grade and you are not taking an AP exam this year, you must directly
request that your AP score transcript be sent to your college or university from the College Board.

AP Transcript Request:

Use the following web page for AP Score Reporting Services if you did not take an AP exam your senior year, but took an AP exam in tenth and/or eleventh grade:

IB Transcript Request:

Please remember, that if you filled out the yellow IB Transcript Request form, your official IB Transcript will be sent to the college or university of your choosing; however, if you are taking a gap year or transfer schools, you must request a transcript on your own by using the following web page:

George Mason High School Registration
Registration at George Mason High School has 2 steps:

Online Registration

Once you have a confirmed residence within the Falls Church City district, proceed to > Registration and complete the address verification and student registration for the correct school year. Your submission will be reviewed by the George Mason High School registrar and you will receive an email once approved with directions on how to schedule an enrollment appointment.

Enrollment Appointment

Below lists in detail what will be required from you prior to/at the enrollment appointment (much of which you can upload online or email to us prior to your appointment). All of the required items must be approved and on file before a student will be enrolled in GMHS and can meet with her/her counselor to select courses. The legal parent/guardian and student are both required to attend this appointment. If you do not have all the documentation and immunizations that are required for enrollment turned in by or at your appointment, you will be required to reschedule. If you are unsure of whether you meet these requirements, please email the GM Registrar at at least 2 business days prior to your appointment. * Note that the registration procedures may vary at each FCCPS school.

George Mason Registration Requirements

* Falls Church City Public Schools District Boundary Assistance:

George Mason HS Data & Boundaries Map

VA Real Estate Assessment Mapping Site

More Articles...


SAT information

ACT information

College View

Virginia View

Financial Aid

Naviance - The College Counselor

State Council of Higher Education for Virginia


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.