Special Education-Student Services
The Department of Special Education and Student Services supports its mission by:
- complying with the provisions of IDEA of 1997(Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 1997) and the IDEIA of 2004 (Individuals with Disabilities Improvement Act of 2004)
- appropriately identifying students with disabilities based on federal and state criteria
- providing high quality, specialized instructional programs utilizing supplemental materials and research-based strategies
- facilitating a collaborative team among parents, staff, and students to build a positive learning environment
- promoting a strengths-based approach to build on
- supporting the development of knowledge and skills to prepare students to be college-bound and/or career ready in the following areas: academics; social/emotional; behavioral; communication; fine and gross motor; organization; transition goals; and functional life skills.