a. College Fairs
b. College Visits with GMHS students (Coming soon)
c. Search Engines
- bigfuture.com - A search engine designed by The College Board
- ctcl.org - Colleges that Change Lives (CTCL) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and support of a student-centered college search process.
- College Scorecard - College comparisons form the U.S. Department of Education
- College Navigator - Statistical college information from the U.S. Department of Education
- Virginia’s Community Colleges - Programs and majors offered at Virginia community colleges
d. College Presentations and Campus Tours
e. College Programs and Community Resources
- Northern Virginia Community College Pathway to the Baccalaureate - The Pathway to the Baccalaureate Program increases access to higher education for selected, underrepresented students from participating Northern Virginia high schools (including GMHS). The program is designed to serve students who have both the motivation and capacity to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- QuestBridge - QuestBridge is a powerful platform that connects the nation's brightest students from low-income backgrounds with leading institutions of higher education and further opportunities.
- Strive for College - Strive for College partners with colleges and universities from across the country that places a high value on admitting and supporting first-gen college students. Two initiatives of Strive for College are:
- I’m First! - I'm First! is a community supporting first-generation students.
- UStrive College Mentoring - UStrive connects high school and college students with a mentor to help with everything from college applications and financial aid to exploring career opportunities -- all through our online mentoring platform.
f. Parent Resources
- Harvard School of Education - Making Caring Common Project
- More "Caring" College Admissions: 5 Tips for Parents
- State Council of Higher Education in Virginia – College campus reopening plans for 2020-2021
This information is provided for your convenience. Postings do not indicate endorsement or sponsorship by George Mason High School, FCCPS, nor any administrator or employee of either George Mason High School or FCCPS.