College Visits with GMHS students
George Mason High School welcomes admission officers for visits during the school day. For Fall 2020, all college visits will be virtual. Students can view upcoming visits and sign up to participate in Naviance.
- bigfuture.com - College Board's College and Scholarship search
- Cappex - College and scholarship finder tool
- Colleges That Change Lives - CTCL is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and support of a student-centered college search process
- niche.com - Find scholarships, discover colleges and places to work
- College Scorecard - College comparisons from the U.S. Department of Education
- College Navigator - Statistical college information from the U.S. Department of Education
- Virginia’s Community Colleges - Programs and majors offered at Virginia community colleges
College Presentations and Virtual Campus Tours
Many colleges and universities offer online presentations and campus tours. You should go to admission office websites for colleges and universities that you are considering to learn about upcoming programs and official virtual campus tours.
- 2020 Virginia (Virtual) Private College Week, July 20-24, 2020
- Virtual Mid-Atlantic Association of IB World Schools College Fair - Recordings of Spring 2020 programs
The following websites may not have official college or university content:
College Programs and Community Resources
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, College Scholarship Program - The Cooke College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities.
- Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) Pathway to the Baccalaureate - The Pathway to the Baccalaureate Program increases access to higher education for selected, underrepresented students from participating Northern Virginia high schools (including GMHS). The program is designed to serve students who have both the motivation and capacity to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- QuestBridge - QuestBridge is a powerful platform that connects the nation's brightest students from low-income backgrounds with leading institutions of higher education and further opportunities.
- Strive for College - Strive for College partners with colleges and universities from across the country that places a high value on admitting and supporting first-gen college students. Two initiatives of Strive for College are:
- I’m First! - I'm First! is a community supporting first-generation students.
- UStrive College Mentoring - UStrive connects high school and college students with a mentor to help with everything from college applications and financial aid to exploring career opportunities -- all through our online mentoring platform.
- Harvard School of Education - Making Caring Common Project
- More "Caring" College Admissions: 5 Tips for Parents
- State Council of Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV)– College campus reopening plans for 2020-2021
This information is provided for your convenience. Postings do not indicate endorsement or sponsorship by George Mason High School, FCCPS, nor any administrator or employee of either George Mason High School or FCCPS.